This Advanced Education Module is designed to provide licensed educators with a comprehensive class program that helps students, skin care professionals, massage therapists, RN’s, or cosmetologists become more skilled in selling retail products to their guests.
The curriculum contains a CD with the following materials:
• Background information for the instructor
• PowerPoint presentation that can be used as part of the classroom instruction
• Black and white copy of the slides that can be used to make overheads if the instructor doesn’t have access to a computer and PowerPoint projector
• Student workbook
• Handout for PowerPoint presentation
• Student test
• Key to the student worksheets/test
• Certificate of attendance for the course
• Flyer that can be sent out to advertise the course and invite students to enroll
• Graphics that can be used to create your own advertising/marketing materials
At the end of this class the student should be able to:
• Recognize the importance of retail for the spa’s financial well being.
• Recognize the importance of offering retail products to the client.
• Name some of the common mistakes that spas make regarding retail.
• Recognize that every member of the staff is responsible for selling retail.
• Define a primary retail link and know how to create them.
• Describe ways to motivate spa professionals to sell.
• List and briefly describe every step necessary to sell effectively.
• Know how to educate themselves about products so they can sell.
• Be able to utilize what, when, where, why, how, etc. questions to determine client’s concerns and needs.
• Identify and describe different client buying patterns.
• Educate clients about the features/benefits of products.
• Define prescriptive selling and use the technique to sell retail products.
• Understand the importance of asking for the sale and be able to close a sale.
• Describe the different types of sale closures
• Understand why clients may raise objections to a sales pitch and be able to respond to an objection.
• Demonstrate how to create multiple sales by using upsell techniques.
• Explain the importance of following up with the customer after the sale and give some examples of how to do this.
• Explain the importance of excellent customer service and give some examples of ways to provide superior customer service.
• List some of the basic principles of merchandising the retail area.