The Spa Pantry Curriculum is titled Creating the WOW Factor! Developing Customized and Signature Treatments.
This course is presented in two distinct parts. The first part covers the raw materials (ingredients) used in creating treatments or recipes as they will be referred to during the course – their characteristics, benefits, and how to mix them to create signature treatments or custom blended treatments for your guests. The second part of the curriculum describes how to apply the WOW factor to change the treatments and services you create into memorable experiences!
Although a shortened version of the course could be taught in four hours, the students will get the most benefit out of an 8 hour class where they have time to create and mix up recipes of their own.
As part of the curriculum, educators will receive a Spa Pantry™ Cookbook and a CD with the following materials:
- Background information for the instructor
- PowerPoint presentation that can be used as part of the classroom instruction
- Black and white copy of the slides that can be used to make overheads if the instructor doesn’t have access to a computer and PowerPoint projector
- Student workbook
- Student test
- Key to the student worksheets/test
- Certificate of attendance for the course
- Flyer that can be sent out to advertise the course and invite students to enroll