True Melissa has a delicate, lemony, herbaceous aroma which uplifts and comforts the mind. It is uplifting and calming and also good for the digestive system. Melissa 3% is a blend of jojoba oil and 3% melissa essential oil.
Botanical Name: Melissa officinalis
Country of Origin: Ireland
Part of Plant Used: Leaves and tops – picked in the late afternoon in the late spring/early summer before the flowers open
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Properties: Antidepressant, antihistaminic, antispasmodic, antiviral, bactericide, carminative, cordial, diaphoretic, emmenogogue, febrifuge, hypertensive, insecticide, nervine, sedative, stomachic, sudorific, tonic, uterine, vermifuge.
Aroma and Appearance: It is pale yellow to clear in color. It has a subtle and sweet scent.
Safety Data: Skin irritant, should be used in low concentrations (1% or less). In large doses, it acts as a narcotic and can cause headaches.
Disclaimer: This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be used for any medical purposes. Data has been gathered from various sources and every effort has been made to be accurate. However, basic information about essential oils varies from source to source and information found here may differ from other original sources.
Ingredients: 3% Melissa Pure Essential Oil
Purpose: May be used massage and skin care products or in the bath, a diffuser, or a vaporizer.
- Skin Care – Allergies, insect bites, herpes, shingles.
- Circulatory System – Helps relieve high blood pressure.
- Respiratory System – Asthma, bronchitis, chronic coughs, hay fever.
- Digestive System – Colic, indigestion, nausea
- Reproductive System – Menstrual problems. Helps regulate ovulation.
- Nervous System – Anxiety, depression, hypertension, insomnia, migraine, nervous tension, panic attacks, shock, vertigo. Calms highly strung individuals. Helps “heal the heart” – grief, death, sorrow.
- Other– Insect repellant.
Blends well with bergamot, eucalyptus, geranium, lavender, neroli, ylang ylang, and all floral and citrus oils.
Antidepressant, appeasing, calming, comforting, heart tonic, protecting, regulating, revitalizing, sedative, soothing, strengthening, uplifting.
Natural Product, Recyclable Packaging