Rosemary is the classic 'get up and go' oil. It has a clear, fresh, herbaceous aroma. It is great used in a diffuser for concentration and study and also good to use in a shower gel to wake you up in the morning. Rosemary is also great to use in a massage blend for muscular aches and pains.
Botanical Name: Rosmarinus officinalis
Country of Origin: Tunisia
Part of Plant Used: Sprigs
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation.
Properties: Analgesic, antimicrobial, antioxidant, antiseptic, antispasmodic, astringent, antiviral, carminative, choleretic, cicatrizant, cordial, decongestant, diaphoretic, digestive, diuretic, emmenogogue, expectorant, fungicidal, hepatic, hypertensor, restorative, rubefacient, stimulant, stomachic, sudorific, tonic,
Aroma and Appearance:
Safety Data: Should not be used by epileptics or by those who suffer from high blood pressure. Suppresses insulin response. Do not use with diabetics.
Disclaimer: This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be used for any medical purposes. Data has been gathered from various sources and every effort has been made to be accurate. However, basic information about essential oils varies from source to source and information found here may differ from other original sources.
Ingredients: Rosemary Pure Essential Oil
Purpose: May be used massage and skin care products or in the bath, a diffuser, or a vaporizer.
- Skin Care – acne, dermatitis, eczema, lice, scabies, hair and scalp. Helps dissolve boils.
- Circulatory System – arteriosclerosis, fluid retention, gout, palpitations, poor circulation, varicose veins.
- Muscles/Joints – muscular pain, sprains, swelling, neuralgia, sciatica, arthritis.
- Respiratory System – asthma, bronchitis, whopping cough, catarrh, flu.
- Digestive System – colitis, dyspepsia, flatulence, hepatic disorders, jaundice.
- Urinary System – bed wetting.
- Reproductive System – dysmenorrhea, leukorrhea, ammenorrhea, scanty periods, thrush.
- Immune System – colds, flu, infections.
- Nervous System – neuralgia, headaches, hypotension, mental fatigue, nervous exhaustion, stress-related disorders, otitis. Helps stimulate central nervous system. Good for memory and depression.
Blends well with basil, bergamot, cedarwood, citronella, elemi, frankincense, lavender, lemongrass, peppermint, petitgrain, pine, thyme, and spice oils.
Analgesic, purifying, protective, refreshing, restorative, reviving, stimulant (nervous and mental), strengthening, tonic (to the nervous system).