Director of Sales, Spa Equipment
This position reports directly to Vice President of Sales
Summary of Job Responsibilities
Incumbent is responsible and accountable for equipment sales initiatives for Universal Companies to achieve equipment revenue budgets and goals for the Company. He or she will develop and implement strategic sales relationships for the company to grow existing business as well as prospect for new business.
This position will be responsible for managing customer and vendor relations and working with the equipment sales support team to secure and deliver equipment sales and successful spa development projects. Also participates in the sourcing of new equipment trends in the industry, new sku creation, and maintenance of information for current brands and products such as specs and pricing for current products.
Incumbent will also work in tandem with the Product Development Department, Marketing and Creative teams to effectively manage, market, and sell equipment in all mediums.
This position is remote based and requires the ability to travel (approximately 50% travel).
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible and accountable for penetrating and developing business relationships as it relates to equipment, by directing the equipment group and working in partnership with the Corporate, Regional and School Sales teams.
- Brings and develops new business based upon existing business relationships as well finding new opportunities.
- Responsible for growing year over year equipment sales.
- Responsible for working as a team to secure supply business and working directly and indirectly with the supply team on projects.
- Maintains and grows the corporate-classified business segments by an established percentage growth.
- Prepares product and sales goals and guides and manages the team’s performance to achieve them.
- Works with the equipment team to manage quotes, projects and reporting efforts.
- Manages the equipment team processes of bi-weekly pipeline and sales reports.
- Attends any requested events, shows or sales opportunities.
- Works with the Vice President Sales to develop and manage monthly and quarterly travel/sales plans and budgetary reports.
- Collaborates with the Marketing team to identify product/brand assortments for advertising/marketing efforts including catalog, all web ads, etc. and develops the brand strategy for positioning the products in the market.
- Becomes an expert on equipment, brands and supplies for all spas.
- Works with vendors to source and produce high quality products and to reduce costs to improve margins.
- Performs other project work, duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of the position.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with ISPA, Spatec, Bitec or other industry networking opportunities and associations.
- Experience with goal setting that produces sales growth through personal relationships, existing customers, and potential customers is preferred.
- An extensive personal network in the corporate spa market is a plus.
- Knowledge of spa development, equipment, products and services gained as a loyal customer or vendor is preferred.
- Experience with products and services sold to corporate customers (B to B) that require educating the customer.
- Career history should demonstrate the ability to grow sales and profits through personal sales efforts and effective management of customer base.
- Superior selling skills with a demonstrated ability to build long-term relationships and obtain key accounts.
- Superior analytical skills to develop and implement appropriate goals, forecasts and presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and possess a high degree of initiative.
- Strong creative, problem-solving, and decision making skills.
- Flexibility to work extended and/or irregular hours as business dictates.
- Ability to travel as required for projects and events.
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Dynamics, MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Four-year degree in business, sales or equivalent work experience in a related field.
Experience in the following a big plus:
- Prior expertise within the spa or salon market
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Incumbent will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
>>> Back to Job Openings