Back to Protocols >>
Celebrate Eco-fin Cubes spread holiday cheer with a mask of warm rum essence and spiced botanical butters, all while providing moisture to soothe chapped, dry winter skin on the hands and feet.
What You'll Need:
Always check your state regulations to ensure that you are practicing within the scope of your license.
Additional Recommended Treatment Components:
- Mitt / Bootie Liners – A clear Liner that protects eco sleeves, mitts, and booties.
- Muslin Eco Sleeve – A soft, flexible barrier between the Liner and the heat source. Machine washable.
- Herbal Eco-Mitt and Booties – Soothing warmth to help natural Eco-fin absorb into the skin. Filled with natural herbs.
- Eco-fin Finishing Spray – A mist helps to remove excess oils from the skin. For use after Eco-fin treatments.
What to Do:
A. Directions for Hot Cabi
- Preheat your hot towel cabi for at least 1 hour before your first treatment.
- Put one eco-friendly Mitt / Bootie Liner into each Muslin Eco Sleeve and roll the edge of the Liner over the cuff of the sleeve.
- Drop one Eco-fin Cube into each Liner and roll the sleeve over itself into a tidy roll. Once your client has agreed to receive this add-on, place the prepared roll inside the hot towel cabi for a minimum of 25 minutes. Warm with dry heat only. For convenience you may prepare several rolls for guests ahead of time and keep them in the cabi for 3-4 hours.
- Unroll the Muslin Eco Sleeve containing the Liner and Eco-fin Cube and slide it onto your guest’s hand or foot. Help disperse the rich emulsion evenly by massaging it over the hands or feet. Place warm Herbal or Electric Mitts / Booties on your guest’s hands or feet.
- For massage add-ons: Apply as directed while client is positioned face up.
- To complete the treatment, follow the "To Finish!" step.
- Alternatively, you may place Eco-fin Cubes in a rubber mixing bowl and put the bowl in the hot towel cabi to melt. Then apply the melted Eco-fin with a fan brush to your client’s hands or feet, followed by the Liner, Muslin Eco Sleeve, and Herbal or Electric Mitts / Booties.
B. Directions for Electric Booties / Mitts
- Put one Eco-fin Cube into each Liner and place one Liner into each Electric Bootie/Mitt with the opening of the Liner and mitt / bootie at same end. If the Electric mitt / bootie is set on High, the Eco-fin Cube usually melts in approximately 20 minutes. Once melted, you may want to reduce the heat of the Electric Mitts/Booties to medium or low depending on client comfort.
- After Eco-fin Cube has melted, slip the Electric Mitts / Booties over the hands/feet.
- To complete the treatment, follow the To Finish! Step (See below.)
To Finish! These Steps Work with Directions A & B
- After 10 - 15 minutes, remove the mitts / booties and Liners and massage remaining emulsion into hands and forearms or feet and legs. Discard the used Liners and reuse the Muslin Eco Sleeve and Herbal or Electric Mitts / Booties.
- Hydrate, Soothe and Remove - Place a hand towel under the treated hand / foot, leaving enough free to wrap and dry the arm. Using the Eco-fin Pure Aloe Finishing Spray, lightly spritz the treated area. Massage and buff with the hand towel until skin appears dry. This step allows the extra oils to disperse, yet keeps the skin nicely moisturized and hydrated.
Note: For convenience, you can order extra Eco-Sleeves for Mitts and Eco-Sleeves for Booties and prepare several rolls ahead of time. They can be kept warm in your hot towel cabi, or you can warm the Liner ONLY in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds before inserting it into the sleeve. Use caution when using microwaves as they vary and may require less heating time. Overheating can melt the plastic Liners.
Post-Care Instructions for the Client:
- Repeat the treatment every 4-6 weeks to keep the hands / feet and nails moisturized and nourished.
Tips for Making the Eco-fin Luxury Hand & Foot Treatment a Truly Special Treatment
- Offer to clean your guest’s jewelry while the treatment is being performed. A jewelry cleaning kit is available from Universal Companies.
- Place a heated herbal wrap around the client’s shoulders during the treatment.
- Follow the treatment by grooming/finishing the client’s nails.
Tips for Enhancing the Effectiveness of the Treatment
- Apply a scrub to the your guest’s arms / legs prior to the Eco-fin treatment.
Back to Protocols >>