Appealing to different clients is crucial to owning a successful spa, and that means targeting different age groups and demographics. Millennials are growing up and starting to take wellness seriously because 56% have visited a spa within the last year, according to the International Spa Association.
And what do millennials love? Options. Options in the form of different products for their beauty routine, unique spa massage equipment, and tailored spa experiences. Here are some products to consider implementing in your spa that will be sure to impress this growing demographic.
Witch hazel is often overlooked as something many clients have under their sink but never take advantage of. It’s a versatile product that can be implemented in many different spa environments, and some ideas include:
- Using it as an astringent in facials to help tone acne prone skin.
- Providing it at the end of a facial or a massage as a post-steam mist. Witch hazel can moisturize, balance the skin's pH, and tone without over drying.
- Help remove wax residue while cutting down on inflammation on sensitive areas.
There are many benefits of aromatherapy that cannot be argued. Not only can diffusing these scents into the air in your spa make clients feel more relaxed and at ease, it will instantly create a warm and welcoming environment. Here are some interesting uses for aromatherapy in your spa:
- Offer peppermint oil after a treatment to make your client feel more focused, stimulated, and ready to take on the rest of their day!
- Any blend of the following essential oils are great for promoting relaxation and can be used in the beginning of each treatment session: lemon, ylang-ylang, bergamot, rose, lavender, and vetiver.
Using different types of massage spa equipment in your spa will surely stand out to your clients. Some accessories to think about:
- A head to toe massage ball that makes acupressure portable and easy.
- Heat packs to offer intense heat therapy to different parts of the body.
- Body brushes for extra exfoliation.
- Microneedling for improved circulation on the face and better absorption of facial products.
With these up and coming beauty products in your spa, you’ll be sure to stand out from the rest! By setting yourself apart as someone that’s in the know about all current spa and beauty trends, clients will trust your knowledge and expertise, helping your increase customer loyalty.
Universal Companies is proud to offer professional training and advanced education at our Wellness & Beauty Learning Center. Our customers can also take a class or read our articles online, where they can also shop the broadest selection of spa products and supplies. Dedicated to the success of spa professionals everywhere, we’re grateful to be recognized with the American Spa Magazine Professional’s Choice Award, Favorite Distributor of the Year, for 13 consecutive years. (Thank you!)