This position reports directly to the Accounting Manager
Summary of Job Responsibilities
Employee has the responsibility and accountability for credit card, bank, and general ledger reconciliations, month end closing support, ongoing maintenance of fixed assets, sales tax, property tax, and state compliance filings and financial/revenue analytics.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Reconciles credit card, bank, and general ledger transactions.
- Assist month end journal entry preparation.
- Maintain fixed asset database.
- Sales and Property tax filing preparation.
- State compliance filings.
- Reviews daily treasury activities to support AR, AP and Accounting Manager
- Assist in preparing, analyzing and providing commentary on internal financial reports included within the monthly management reporting package
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis as directed by VP of Finance and Controller, including variance, cost and trend analysis.
- Communicates with internal and external customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related business field and two (2) to four (4) years of relevant work experience
- General knowledge of accounting practices and procedures related to the day-to-day operations of the company
- General knowledge and experience performing variance, cost and trend analysis
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, with strong fluency in Microsoft Excel formulas and functions being required
- Experience with JD Edwards, Crystal Reports and SQL are highly desired
- Maintain confidentiality
- Acute attention to detail required
- Ability to process all transactions accurately and timely
- Must possess excellent analytical and communication skills
The previous statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the individual and are not intended to be all-inclusive. This individual will also perform other reasonably-related job responsibilities as assigned by management as required. Universal Companies, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change the job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
>>> Back to Job Openings