Business Systems Analyst
Please direct responses to: Attn: Human Resources, 18260 Oak Park Drive, Abingdon, VA 24210, email: email@example.com or Fax: 276-591-4491
This Position Reports to the Vice President of Business Transformation
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Hands-on technical position working at the direction of the VP of Business Transformation. The primary role and responsibility of the Business Systems Analyst is to advance the development and management of the company’s system infrastructure, enterprise systems, and communications technology in order to provide the most efficient support for current operations and future information technology needs. He or she will design, manage, implement and test changes to computer applications including Shopify, Salesforce, JDE EnterpriseOne and others.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Outline project specifications for major application changes and develop timeline and roadmap for completion.
- Evaluate and analyze business processes and formulate applicable improvements.
- Tests systems and communicates changes to appropriate departments.
- Work with business users to identify and prioritize desired functional changes.
- Create mapping and technical documents of requested changes.
- Provide helpdesk and troubleshooting support to applications as needed.
- Make requested changes and/or work with development team to implement changes.
- Manage / Coordinate testing of changes.
- Responsible for software modifications and testing for the following applications: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Salesforce, B2B/B2C websites on various platforms such as Shopify, integrations, and database and reporting tools.
- Promotes continued growth in technology by suggesting/implementing latest upgrades for systems and seeking out alternatives to enhance the core business.
- Plans and implements risk management, disaster recovery, and business continuity measures. Maintains system availability, integrity, security and confidentiality.
- Responds to needs and questions of internal and external customers; pro-actively manages user IT expectations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with JD Edwards Enterprise One and/or Salesforce preferred.
- Experience with Crystal Reports a plus.
- Knowledge of computer operations, programming, computer hardware and software, and the ability to understand structured programming techniques.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of systems analysis and design.
- Ability to solve programming, hardware, and software problems in a logical manner.
- Ability to identify and monitor potential operational malfunctions.
- Ability to effectively interact with end users providing clear and useful instruction, training, or obtain necessary information to correct problems on a timely basis.
- Acute attention to detail required.
- Advanced knowledge of network and server operations a plus.
- Must possess excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment as required.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree or three years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Incumbent will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.