Chief Operating Officer
Please direct responses to: Attn: Human Resources, 18260 Oak Park Drive, Abingdon, VA 24210, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 276-591-4491
This position reports directly to the CEO
Help architect our future! Do you have operations leadership experience in the rapidly evolving field of wholesale distribution? Are you looking for a job that offers the opportunity to think strategically while staying connected with your teams? Universal Companies, “UCo”, is the leading single-source supplier to the spa and wellness industry, supplying thousands of products to help day spas, hotel/resort spas, medical spas, salons and independent practitioners. We are passionate about finding ways to help our customers manage and grow their businesses. We are looking for a COO to help us achieve our growth goals by keeping our customers first as we successfully navigate the changing world of spa and wellness distribution.
Position: Chief Operating Officer
Company Location: Abingdon, VA
Role: Universal Companies is looking for dynamic, entrepreneurial individual with a proven track record to oversee, manage and help take a successful established company to the next level. This is a role up your sleeves position that requires strategic thinking and hands-on execution.
Top areas of skill, experience and focus needed: customer service, digital technologies, distribution across multiple channels including working with Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), product sku management for multi-channel distribution, and operational metrics.
Personal characteristics: personable, curious, hungry to learn, and collaborative.
Reporting: Reports to the CEO
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Organize and manage the company’s infrastructure (structure, processes and operations)
- Provide daily direction in the areas of customer service and support, technology, inventory management, logistics, distribution, and sales
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Establish and implement policies and practices that promote company culture and vision
- Define and track key benchmarks and metrics for measuring the operating performance and evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting the data and metrics includes performance goals, standards (best practices) and measurements for operational personnel
- Participate in expansion activities (new business development, strategic partnerships and alliances etc.)
- Proven experience as an Director, VP or Chief Officer in distribution operations or another relevant role
- 10+ years of general management and executive leadership experience in wholesale distribution, spa and wellness industries / business to business organizations
- Understanding of key business functions such as customer service, HR, finance, sales, distribution, etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Budget-focused mindset
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Experience working for a network organization is a plus
- Travel when necessary
- BA/BS in Business Administration or relevant field
The candidate should have a track record of leading and growing a company, profit center or a division of a company.
Ideal for someone with solid experience but still in the upswing/growth stage of his or her career. We will consider candidates who are in operations director and VP roles.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Incumbent will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.