Please direct responses to: Attn: Human Resources, 18260 Oak Park Drive, Abingdon, VA 24210, email: email@example.com or Fax: 276-591-4491
This Position Reports to the Fulfillment Manager
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Incumbent has the responsibility and accountability to coordinate the activities of the workers concerned with the picking and packing of all merchandise being shipped to Universal’s customers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Supervises picking and packing areas and personnel.
- Helps to evaluates performance and trains new associates.
- Ensures that all customer and associate orders are picked and packed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Pushes through pick tickets for customer pick up and associate orders.
- Ensures that all customer orders are packaged appropriately to avoid damage in shipment.
- Provides back up for Pick Ticket Clerk.
- Adjusts associate work schedules to maximize productivity.
- Starts and maintains air pillow machine daily.
- Ensures the appropriate boxes are available to the pack lines.
- Keeps metrics on performance of pickers and packers.
- Attends and participates in departmental and company meetings.
- Performs other project work, duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent education.
- Knowledgeable of warehousing processes.
- Knowledgeable of products and equipment stocked in the warehouse.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with acute attention to detail.
- Proficient in computers and software applications – JD Edwards and Excel preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and up to 90 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to operate a forklift and/or become certified to operate equipment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Must have an understanding of the complete organizational structure of Universal Companies.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent education
Experience in the following a big plus:
- Knowledge of warehousing processes
- Knowledge of products and equipment
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Incumbent will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.