Please direct responses to: Attn: Human Resources, 18260 Oak Park Drive, Abingdon, VA 24210, email: email@example.com or Fax: 276-591-4491
This Position Reports to the Inventory Manager
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position reports to the Inventory Manger and is responsible and accountable for providing daily and long-term planning assistance and maintenance of the physical inventory and inventory management systems (locations, related JDE parts) for Universal Companies. Must be flexible in job duties and willing to assist other departments as necessary. Must be able to operate warehouse equipment in a safe and efficient manner: forklifts, order selectors, pallet jacks, cardboard bailer, mobile ladders, etc. Must be energetic and self-starting and motivating. Needs a working knowledge of computers and systems (MS Excel, email, JDE ERP system, and basic networking).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist the Inventory Manager in the work flow for the inventory departments (receiving, restock, assembly, returns).
- Assist with the planning and execution of Universal Companies cycle-counting program.
- Daily cycle-count entry and investigation and resolution of inventory discrepancies.
- Management of sunless tanning inventory: lot/serial numbers/expiration/UPC codes.
- Create work orders as necessary (MTO, MTS) and post kits for the assembly department.
- Coach inventory associates on proper procedures and system workings.
- Inspect receiving and restock paperwork for discrepancies. Track down and correct issues as necessary.
- Conduct the final movement of receipts into inventory (post POs and PO movement).
- Work with other departments (fulfillment, returns, product development, purchasing, finance, customer service) as needed to resolve issues with receipts and/or inventory.
- Oversee returns process and fill in when necessary.
- Maintain departmental metrics.
- Create and maintain organized records and files on inventory and return issues.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous work-related experience required (inventory control).
- Valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance required.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds without assistance. Ability to bend, stoop and squat, and climb ladders.
- Must possess excellent computer skills, and knowledge of MS Excel, email, JDE, and basic networking.
- Demonstrates professionalism and accountability in all areas of responsibility and maintains a high degree of ethics, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Ability to take initiative to identify and analyze problems; suggest solutions and carry them out.
- Demonstrates and promotes high standards for quality; focuses on results.
- Flexibility in order to meet changing work needs and demands.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to ensure completion of scheduled tasks.
- Complete understanding of the organizational and operational structure of Universal Companies.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent education.
- Minimum of 1 year experience.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Incumbent will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.