Please direct responses to: Attn: Human Resources, 18260 Oak Park Drive, Abingdon, VA 24210, email: email@example.com or Fax: 276-591-4491
This Position Reports to the Senior Product Development Manager
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Product Specialist is responsible for maintaining and managing assigned brands, product lines, and product segments in alignment with overall company strategy. The incumbent will manage products through the onboarding process and then throughout their lifecycle - gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, ensuring that the product plan is followed, and working closely with Marketing, Sales, Product Development, Training/Education, and Sales/Customer Service to ensure continuity in product offering and company goals. Incumbent will demonstrate proficiency in data gathering and creation of reports to be shared and used by Product Development.
The Product Specialist is also responsible for adhering to and promoting the company values by performing duties in a manner that is consistent with being a leader and supports the continued growth of the company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Work with the Vendor to gather product information including SKU information, images, SDS documents, ingredients, dimensions, weights, shipping weights, etc. and other essential data for onboarding the brand and products to Universal Companies
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Customer Support, Training/Education and Product Development, and Vendor Management to own the product roadmap to ensure that the brands and products are being represented and positioned in the manner that optimizes sales
- Work with Product Development to manage the entire product line lifecycle from sun setting legacy products to implementing planned replacements
- Evaluate the sales of signature brands on a monthly and quarterly basis to ensure that sales expectations are being met and adjust product roadmap accordingly.
- Work with Product Development to demonstrate functionality and value proposition of completed products to the training/education and product marketing teams
- Regularly collaborate on pricing, sales analysis, product positioning, and competitive benchmarking by customer channel and recommend strategies to grow revenue sources and customer bases, improve market position, improve quality or reduce costs
- Collaborate with Product Development, Sales & Marketing to produce, maintain and update quarterly & annual forecasts and help plan product launches
- Obtain performance data on current products represented by company
- Prepare product sales and data reports to be used by various members of Product Development
- Define customer school kits with schools team; prepare information for SKU set up by Content Team.
- Research and analysis of competitor pricing as needed and directed
- Communicate catalog changes and corrections
- Source substitute products when required
- Assist with product scripts for Sales teams when needed
- Facilitate changes in kits, bundles, assemblies and changes to executive price confirmation process
PRODUCT SALES ANALYSIS AND INFORMATION PREPARATION
- Negotiate and define drop ship/inventory return
- In collaboration with Product Development create preliminary sales forecast for potential new products
- Monitor Quality Control (following process initiated by customer service)
VERIFYING AND RECEIVE PRODUCTS TO WAREHOUSE INVENTORY
- Ensure product information matches final contracts
- Facilitate return of products to vendors when appropriate
PREPARATION AND PRESENTATION OF PRODUCTS TO THE TO SALES TRAINING SPECIALIST
- Send SKU, Product, and Pricing Information to Training Team
- Obtain samples for training
SALES EVALUATION/REVENUE MANAGEMENT ADJUST FORECAST
- Run appropriate sales/purchasing reports to monitor product success
- Recommend adjustments for future marketing/promotions to product marketing team
WEB CONTENT MANAGEMENT
- Check every new Brand and Product set up or Product Changes to ensure that the SKUS, Product Descriptions, Images, Pricing, etc. are correct.
- Regularly spot check products for information accuracy
- Ensure all product content is correct and available for customers online
- Communicate discrepancies to E-Commerce/Marketing and revenue management
- Communicate to Sales Training Specialist as needed
INFORMATION PREPARATION/SHARING AND SUPPORT TO ALLIED DEPARTMENTS
- Assist Product Marketing managers when appropriate in preparation of Marketing requests/Creative brief for Marketing and Creative Development for development of product (packaging, training manuals, etc.)
- Assist with creation of sales training information
- Assist with creation of articles, protocols, videos and customer support tools and content as needed and directed
- Price information/changes (Finance, Purchasing, Revenue Management, Content, Sales)
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Minimum of Associates Degree and experience in purchasing and/or product management preferred.
- License preferred: Esthetics, Massage Therapy, Nail Technician, Cosmetology
- Spa Experience preferred
- Technical Marketing/Product Management/Product Development experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of spa and or salon products preferred
- Strong computer skills to include MS Office Suite, RMS and JD Edwards or similar PLM system.
- Problem solving/Analysis of business & technical considerations
- Ability to link customer’s functional requirements to product technical requirements
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills, including the ability to absorb and process data into actionable information
- Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical and think outside the box to solve problems
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with cross-functional teams and third parties
- Time management
- Presentation skills
- Proficient in multi-tasking, prioritizing, and time management.
- Excellent problem solving, basic judgment and keen decision making skills.
- Must be well organized, accurate, detail oriented, efficient, and product quality work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays, and unexpected events. Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be available to work extended hours as business needs dictate. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work and travel.
Must have an understanding of the complete organizational structure of Universal Companies.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Incumbent will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.