Vice President of Marketing
Please direct responses to: Attn: Human Resources, 18260 Oak Park Drive, Abingdon, VA 24210, email: email@example.com or Fax: 276-591-4491
This Position Reports to the CEO
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
As Vice-President Marketing you will be part of the Sales and Marketing team for an established B2B company. Two questions you will deal with every day: (1) Does the Company really know what our current and prospective customers care about; and (2) is the Company’s brand the first place those customers turn to for meeting their needs?
Your success will be measured by your ability to grow the Company’s business by integrating digital marketing and brand management tools into the existing traditional legacy marketing programs. To be successful in this position, you will need to have the knowledge, skills, and experience of traditional marketing techniques, while guiding those traditional marketing skills into and through the digital world. You will need a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and the ability to lead integrated marketing campaigns from concept to execution. Ideally, as our ‘Chief Merchandiser” you will also have industry experience, product knowledge, and the ability to understand current market trends and buying psychology.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
On-going duties include being responsible for strategies, tactics and programs to create interest, demand for the Company’s products and services. Successful candidate must be able to own the full cycle of marketing including: product marketing and merchandising, demand generation, market research and analysis, marketing communications, multi-channel (digital and traditional) marketing, event marketing, product development, creative development and brand strategy. The ideal candidate will be passionate, visionary, engaging, and energetic, with a high level of integrity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong creative vision combined with a data-driven and analytical mindset.
- Proficient with marketing related automation tools: CRM, social media network management, content management, ecommerce platforms, marketing automation
- Skilled with product merchandising in a multi-brand and multi-channel environment
- Passionate about understanding customers’ needs and wants, with the ability to effectively speak to them through various marketing channels
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, demand generation, brand, sales and business development; along with a demonstrated track record of success and performance.
- Proven leadership skills and effective team development and management
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years marketing experience, at least 3-4 years in a managerial/leadership position
Experience in most of the following area is needed:
- Branding and Brand Management
- Merchandising Management
- Demand Generation
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Content Strategy & Development
- Traditional and Digital Marketing
- Marketing Automation
- Business Analytics
- Campaign Planning
- Trade Media Relations
- Lead Generation and Nurturing Campaigns
- Social Media
- Product Development and Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing Programs
- Market Research
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Incumbent will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.