Clients will beat a path to your door for beautiful brows. And if you already have them in your spa or salon, they’ll make a detour for fabulous lashes before leaving. So why don’t you have a Lash & Brow Bar yet?
5 Great Reasons to Add Lash & Brow Services to Your Menu:
- In high demand
- Easy to learn how to do
- Requires a small investment
- Requires very little space
- Guaranteed extra revenue
While you can offer your clients lash and brow services in treatment rooms, setting up a Lash & Brow creates excitement and visibility. The creative promotions for these specialized service areas are endless.
The Brow Lounge
A hot trend currently, Lash & Brow Bars are not new. Melisa Petty and her business partner Shanel Poe opened The Brow Lounge in Greensboro, North Carolina in 2007. They had worked in the waxing business together before. Because they both enjoyed making eyebrows beautiful and liked working as a team, it was an easy decision to start their own business. The first business proved successful enough for them to open a second location six years ago to serve the Lake Norman, North Carolina area.
The Brow Lounge offers clients perfectly shaped brows, along with a full menu of other beauty services, including facial and body waxing, eyelash extensions, lash and brow tinting, and organic spray tanning. Private labeled brow stencils and powders, tweezers, brushes, and mascara make up the retail offerings.
What You Need to Know
What do you need to know to open your own Lash & Brow Bar? Petty has three key pieces of advice:
- Have your client base already built up before you begin.
- Specialize and be really good at what you do. It’s hard to be great at a lot of different things.
- Put on a happy face.
“Today we had a client tell us, ‘I love coming here because everyone’s always so happy and positive,’” Petty relates. “That’s what we like to hear, because we always want to provide a good environment and for our clients to feel great about themselves when they leave.”
Here are some tips for setting up a Lash & Brow Bar, too:
- Welcome walk-ins! Eyebrow services especially are in high demand, but they’re often an impulse service, so don’t require an appointment.
- Have plenty of before and after pictures to show clients. The differences can be dramatic and persuasive.
- Have an easy to read menu that’s short, sweet, and fun. If you have enough technicians, you can offer lash extensions and perming, lash and brow tinting, and brow shaping by waxing, tweezing, or threading. If you don’t have enough trained technicians, we can help with convenient webinars and training materials.
- Be the experts in “brow mapping.” Everyone’s face is unique and if you can give each client the brow size and shape that fits her face perfectly, your Lash & Brow Bar will be a great success. Offer suggestions based on current trends, but listen to your clients. Not everyone likes pencil thin brows or naturally full brows.
- Demo products you carry in your retail boutique, like lash conditioners. If you offer a retail makeup line, such as Mirabella, think about providing quick eye makeup tutorials. These can really boost your revenue! If time allows, only do services on one eye first and hand your client a mirror for comparison. It’s a great way to increase retail eye makeup sales.
- Consider offering short DIY workshops. Some ideas:
- Eyebrow Repair 101
- Hello Bright Eyes – How to Highlight Your Eyes with Makeup
- Filling in the Blanks – Brow Stenciling
- Va-va-voom Lashes! Applying Strip Lashes at Home
What You Need to Have
Now that you know why you need a Lash & Brow Bar and how to create one, what else do you need? Fortunately, you don’t need a lot of supplies. But here are a few of our favorite products that will make setting up your Lash & Brow Bar easy and put you on the road to success:
Lash & Brow Kits
These easy, all-inclusive kits contain everything you need to add a new lash or brow service to your Lash & Brow Bar, without making a large investment.
Intensive Professional Kit – The Intensive Professional Kit provides you with all of the products, promotional materials, and supplies to immediately generate revenue.
- VLash Lash Extension Kit® – With this kit, you can be sure you are getting the highest quality lash extensions – tapered, polished, and beautifully curled. Our kit includes enough products for 100 services. Your cost is only $3.25 per service, but your potential revenue is over $15,000!
VLash Curl Lock Lash Perm Kit® – Safe and gentle for even the most sensitive eyes, easy eyelash perming eliminates the need for daily curling. This kit includes enough products for 30 services. Your cost is only $2.97 per service, but your potential revenue is over $2,000.
These collagen pads are simple to use and produce remarkable results.
- Aqua Collagen Eye Pads – For deep hydrations, plumping, and tightening, marine collagen refreshes and renews the skin around the eyes.
- Pure Collagen Eye Pads – Target the eye area with freeze-dried collagen pads, designed to provide intensive hydration and fight fine lines.
- Collagen Crow’s Feet Eye Pads – Help diminish the signs of aging by lessening the dreaded appearance of crow’s feet. These pads decrease surface wrinkles, deep furrows, and fine lines.
Wax & Tweezers
Plum Smooth® Sweet Plum Soft Wax – Perfect for sensitive skin, including the face and brows areas, this new wax is designed to be used with pellon or muslin waxing strips. Wax pulls the hair, not the skin, for practically painless waxing.
- Tweezerman® Stainless Steel Slant Tweezer – Perfectly aligned, hand-finished tips grab hair every time. This tweezer has been the choice of makeup artists, celebrities, and beauty professionals for over 30 years.
Discover more lash and brow products now or call one of our professionally licensed sales associates today at 800.558.5571. And good luck with your new Lash & Brow Bar!