Himalayan Salt Massage Treatment
Bring harmony to your body and spirit with the power of the Himalayas! The revitalizing power of Himalayan Salt and therapeutic heat offer a meditative reprieve from a long day’s woes. This wellness treatment is perfect for stressed bodies and minds, soothing tired muscles, releasing tension, and nourishing the skin with 84 essential trace minerals and elements.
Time: 20 minutes
What to Charge: $35
What You'll Need:
Optional Service Enhancements:
- White Lion Ceramic Teapot & Tea Cup / WL375
- White Lion Relax Tea (200 ct.) / WL225
- White Lion Honey Pearls Dish / WL137
- White Lion Honey Pearls (500 ct.) / WL141
- VitaJuwel® GemWater Decanter Set (Wellness) / VJ047
- Spa Pro Escape Diffuser / C9235T
- ESS® Balance Essential Oil Blend (10 ml) / ESR42
- Professional Fan Shoulder Wrap / C76000
- Digital Warming Pad / C1340T
It's expected that the professional massage therapist is familiar with each muscle, the muscle groups, and how they are affected by specific movements.
The Himalayan Salt Massage service enhancement service when combined with heat and deep tissue technique is meant to aid the client in achieving a greater sense of relaxation.
Make sure you provide time for a thorough consultation so that you can create a customized massage that will better serve your client.
Sunburn, skin rashes or conditions, open sores, fractures, acute pain or injury, fever or infections, open wounds, muscle and tendon ruptures or partial tears, contusions, burns, rheumatoid arthritis and gout, bursitis, infection of the skin and soft tissue, thrombosis, artificial blood vessels, bleeding disorders, tumors, swelling, high blood pressure, pregnancy, and cancer.
Note: Since each client has unique needs, this protocol doesn't include a step-by-step instructions for the treatment plan and is expected to be incorporated into a customized massage composed of varying massage techniques. As with any professional spa service, you should always check your local state board guidelines to ensure you are practicing within the scope of your licensure.
- 1. Warm Himalayan Salt Stones in a dry towel warmer or on an electric warming pad. Set the ambience of the treatment room with relaxing meditative music.
2. Take a moment to use your preferred methods to ground yourself prior to the service.
- Place one hand over the crown of your head for a full minute while you deeply breathe in and deeply breathe out.
- Place all of your awareness on the bottom of your feet. Concentrate on all of the different sensations you feel through the arch, the heels, and all ten of your toes.
- Let go of your personal stresses and make sure you're prepared to be present in the moment with your client.
What to Do:
- 1. Greet clients with warmth and gratitude. Empower the client to provide feedback on their comfort during the massage in regards to temperature, pressure, music, body positioning, etc.
- 2. Invite the client to disrobe to their lowest level of comfort and lay comfortably on the massage table in the supine or prone position under the sheets and blankets depending on your preferred start.
- 3. Depart from the room for client modesty and then politely knock and announce when you re-enter the room.
- 4. Ensure your client is comfortable and adjust sheets and blankets, if necessary.
- 5. Slowly disperse massage lotion, oil, or cream to the client's body and begin full body massage.
- 6. When appropriate, incorporate the Himalayan Salt Stones into the massage. Make sure you are checking the temperature of the salt stones and ensuring client safety at all times. The ideal operating temperature is 98˚ to 104˚ F.
- 7. After service, thank your client and offer the spa's preferred beverage, or crystal water from your VitaJuwel Decanter, or the option of a cup of hot White Lion Tea.
- 8. Depart from the treatment room to prepare the beverage and heat the Professional Fan Shoulder Wrap to a comfortable temperature for the client. Return to the room and offer the beverage. Apply the wrap to the client's shoulders.
- 9. Quietly escort your client to the relaxation area so that they can enjoy the benefits of their massage and their spa beverage.