Dodge Depilatory Mishaps With These 9 Waxing Tips
Though a very popular service, waxing can be perceived as painful and a bit awkward for clients. Reduce their nervous anticipation by following these helpful tips:
1. Apply wax thinly and evenly in the direction of growth. Thick application leads to broken hairs.
2. Always pull strips parallel to the skin and follow through. Pulling upward can result in bruising and stopping short can break hairs and hurt the client.
3. Only wax clients with at least two weeks of growth from shaving. Hair that is too short can break and cause ingrown hairs.
4. Advise clients not to tweeze or shave between sessions. This guarantees the cleanest, most effective service.
5. Educate your receptionist about basic wax protocols so they can answer client questions. This saves unnecessary appointments and client frustration (i.e., a client comes in after shaving the night before and has to reschedule).
6. Use your waxing intake form as a retail tool. If clients have ingrown hairs or experience bumps after waxing, use this as a way to educate and sell retail products to prevent this from happening. Plumb Genius, for example, helps prevent bumps and ingrown hairs.
7. Always re-book clients after waxing services; this keeps them loyal to waxing and ensures they are getting the full benefit from waxing services.
8. Take your time waxing. There is a lot of hype about speed waxing, but the truth is most clients would want a more thorough service than a quick one. Take your time and make your clients comfortable so they will be more likely to return.
9. For an easier, less painful waxing experience, try using Plum Smooth Hard Wax Tabs. No more having to pick wax off the client or worrying about putting the lip on the end just to pick it off.
Universal Companies is proud to have a team of experienced spa advisors on staff and welcomes you to consult with our professionals about spa products and supplies, including ingredients, equipment, and retail. Dedicated to the success of spa professionals everywhere, we're grateful to be recognized with the American Spa Magazine Professional's Choice Award, Favorite Distributor of the Year for many consecutive years. (Thank you!)