"We are passionate about finding ways to help our customers grow their businesses, so nothing is more exciting to us than to find a solution to a business problem, whether it is a new product, new service, or advanced training. This has, and continues to be, the foundation of our company and our commitment to our loyal spa professionals.." - Founder & Chairman Marti Morenings
- 1982 – The company was founded by Marti Morenings and her father, Dr. G. H. Morenings, to market a medical therapy unit designed by Dr. Morenings.
- 1985 – The company patented and trademarked several devices that were sold to estheticians and medical practitioners, and began adding esthetic products, furniture, equipment, and sundry supplies to its offerings.
- 1992 – The first catalog was developed, making it easy for estheticians to find everything they needed in one place.
- 1995 – With the increased demand for spa equipment and supplies, the company began developing hundreds of new products to meet the growing demand.
- 1999 – The company changed its name from Universal Esthetics to Universal Companies, providing all spa professionals their one-source spa solution.
Today Universal Companies is the leading single-source supplier to over 25,000 clients in the spa industry, providing thousands of products to help professionals manage and grow their businesses.
- Universal Companies has always provided the spa industry with award winning service, forging strong partnerships with hundreds of manufacturers.
- We help "simplify" the demands placed on spa operators by being a "one source spa solution."
Universal Companies' mission has always been to deliver innovative spa solutions to maximize our customers' success. With over 35 years of proven success, we can help you build your business and grow revenue.
We strive to give back to both the spa and local communities through a variety of wellness initiatives. In September 2006, spa professionals everywhere began replacing their usual hygienic vinyl gloves with pink gloves from Universal Companies, showing consumers their support for the battle against breast cancer. Since then, leading spa products distributor Universal Companies has donated over $300,000 to City of Hope®, a leading Southern California biomedical research and treatment center and hospital for cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Universal Companies is also committed to inspiring and empowering its employees, customers, and vendors to exhibit leadership and implement eco-friendly practices. We employ a Sustainability Specialist who carefully reviews and evaluates all earth-friendly products for safety, toxicology, social responsibility, efficacy, third party certification, and overall sustainability before we decide to sell them. In addition, our website discloses all ingredients in all of the personal care products we offer. Universal Companies is also involved in outreach to other sustainability groups, as well as to our local Chamber of Commerce and tornado victims, providing leadership assistance and support.