Sales Associate / Non-Exempt
This position reports to the Director of Customer Experience or Call Center Lead Agent.
Summary of Job Responsibilities
Incumbent has the responsibility and accountability for learning and retaining product / brand / equipment information and internal processes of Universal Companies and its subsidiaries, if / when applicable. Position includes responding to customers via the various channel offerings (i.e., phone, e-mail, fax, web, social media, live chat) to place orders, selling additional product, and responding to customer inquiries. Incumbent is also required to participate in up-sell promotional event offerings per call and on a daily basis to increase average order size and achieve sales goals. Position may include back-up support for other departments if / when needed.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Interacts with customers via defined channels to process customer orders.
- Actively participates in ongoing training / education to learn / retain product and brand information that is then discussed with customers via defined channels.
- Ensures quality service in every regard.
- Assists new and existing customers with selection of product and / or equipment in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Completes customer service interactions to address and resolve minor issues. Refers more complex issues to the customer service department.
- Awareness of sales goals and actively attempts an up-sell per order placed.
- Attempts to offer customers specials or discounted items available for purchase on every call.
- Advises customers of financial avenues available to finance / purchase product and / or equipment.
- Informs customers of new products and / or equipment by providing marketing tools that may include PDF or hardcopy literature, video / webinars, social media referral or catalogs, samples, and more as defined by the department.
- Prepares quotes and partners with internal departments for closure.
- Daily follow-up may include on-hold orders, quotes, declined credit card activity, and changes for due dates pertaining to backorders and more as defined by the department.
- Maintains existing customer database with accurate and up-to-date information.
- Required to attend all sales and company meetings.
- Performs other project work, duties, and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Works with other process channels such as faxed order, e-mails, Live Chat, and more.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Required - Esthetician License and / or Massage Therapy License
- Required - Nail Technician and / or Cosmetology License
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent education
- Aptitude and excitement to learn
- Excellent interpersonal and oral / written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office, Outlook, RMS, and AS400
- Demonstrated organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize activities, multi-task, and follow tasks to completion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, fun environment
- Must have competitive attitude and be sales driven
- Outgoing personality is a plus
- Prior call center experience is a plus
- Must have an understanding of the complete organizational structure of Universal Companies
Education / Experience
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent education.
Experience in the following a plus:
- Customer service
- Inbound sales
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Incumbent will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.