Juniperberry is best known for cleansing and encouraging elimination, ideal for beating those morning-after blues and also a good oil for detoxing. Juniper is also a good tonic for the kidneys, its' antibacterial properties can help with urinary problems.
Botanical Name: Juniperus communis
Country of Origin: Croatia
Part of Plant Used: Berries
Method of Extraction: Steam distillation.
Properties: Antirheumatic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antitoxic, aphrodisiac, astringent, carminative, cicatrizant, depurative, diuretic, emmenogogue, nephrotoxic, nervine, parasiticide, rubefacient, sedative, stomachic, sudorific, tonic, vulnerary.
Aroma and Appearance: Juniperberry has a bittersweet, fresh, astringent aroma and is clear in color.
Safety Data: People with kidney disease should avoid. Do not take internally. Avoid during pregnancy.
Disclaimer: This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be used for any medical purposes. Data has been gathered from various sources and every effort has been made to be accurate. However, basic information about essential oils varies from source to source and information found here may differ from other original sources.
Ingredients: This is a natural Essential Oil produced by steam distillation of the non-fermented Juniper Berries.
Purpose: May be used massage and skin care products or in the bath, a diffuser, or a vaporizer.
- Skin Care – acne, dermatitis, eczema, hair loss, hemorrhoids, wounds, warts, verruces, tonic for oily complexions.
- Circulatory System – deep cleansing - accumulation of toxins, gout, varicose veins.
- Muscles/Joints – arteriosclerosis, cellulite.
- Immune System – strengthens – good for resisting colds, flus, infection.
- Reproductive System – amenorrhea, dysmennorhea, leukorrhea.
- Urinary System – strongly detoxifying. Good for cystitis and kidney stones.
- Nervous System – anxiety, nervous tension, stress-related conditions. Clears out guilt and confusion – clarifies the mind.
- Other – obesity
Blends well with benzoin, cedarwood, clary sage, cypress, elemi, galbanum, geranium, lavender, pine, rosemary, sandalwood, vetiver, and citrus oils.
Organic. Aphrodisiac, clearing, depurative, protective, purifying, restorative, reviving, tonic (nerve).
Natural Product, Organic, Recyclable Packaging, 3rd Party Certified