Herbal Hydrotherapy Treatment
Treat yourself to a luxurious hydrotherapy treatment that re-energizes and deeply nourishes the mind and body. This relaxing treatment begins with a cleansing ritual and deep exfoliation that enhances blood flow and removes the outer layer of dead skin, which enhances the skin's ability to absorb phytonutrients and active ingredients from the deeply relaxing Moor Herbal Bath. This bathing experience is wonderful for cleansing the skin, soothing sore muscles, and relaxing the mind. Finish this experience wrapped in blankets with a hot cup of complimentary tea.
Cost Per Treatment: $7.37
Time: 60 minutes
What to Charge: $160
What You'll Need:
What They'll Want:
- High blood pressure.
- As with any professional spa service, you should always check your local state board guidelines to ensure you are practicing within the scope of your licensure.
- This same procedure can be carried out using the Himalayan Crystal Salt Bath instead of the Herbal Bath.
- 1. Set the ambiance of the treatment room with relaxing, meditative music.
2. Take a moment to use your preferred methods to ground yourself prior to the service.
- Place one hand over the crown of your head for a full minute while you deeply breathe in and deeply breathe out.
- Place all of your awareness on the bottom of your feet. Concentrate on all of the different sensations you feel through the arch, the heels, and all ten of your toes.
- Let go of your personal stresses and make sure you're prepared to be present in the moment with your client.
- 1. Greet clients with warmth and gratitude.
- 2. Depart from the room for client modesty and then politely knock and announce when you re-enter the room.
What to Do:
- 1. Invite the client to shower and cleanse using the Shower Gel. Provide the client a towel and ensure proper modesty draping.
- 2. After the pre-service shower, show the client to the massage table and have them lay comfortably in the upine position under sheets and blankets, depending on your preferred start. Depart the room for client modesty.
- 3. Politely knock and announce when you re-enter the room.
- 4. Exfoliate the client's body, starting on the back and shoulders, working your way down to the lower legs. Help the client flip over onto their back and exfoliate the front of the legs, stomach, and arms, finishing with the décolleté and chest. Use 2 tbsp. of the Himalayan Crystal Salt Glow mixed with 1 tbsp. of the Complete Oil.
- 5. Brush off the salt using a dry towel.
- 6. Prepare the bath by adding a sachet of the Herbal Bath into running bath water. The Herbal Bath should be thoroughly mixed into the water and the water temperature should be at a maximum of 100˚ F.
- 7. Set the hydrotherapy jets to a low level. The effects of the Herbal Bath should not be over-amplified by the effects of the hydrotherapy jets.
- 8. Drape the client with a towel for modesty and help the client into the bath and provide a pillow to support the neck and have them relax for 15-20 minutes.
- 9. Once the client is out of the bath, wrap them in a large warm towel or robe and blanket, having them rest in a warm room for up to 1 hour. During this time various active agents are still in contact with the skin and will continue to penetrate into the skin. Rinsing is not required after the Herbal Bath soak.
Close of Service:
- 1. While the client is relaxing, offer them a glass of water or the spa's preferred wellness beverage.
- 2. For clients with joint pain, varicose veins, carpal tunnel, or tendinitis, massage the Joint Balm gently onto the affected area after the treatment is finished. For muscular tension, use the Tension Balm.
- 3. Follow up with your home care recommendations. When used for therapeutic purposes, a full course of 21 baths should be taken every other day. The treatment may be continued partially at home, in which case it's recommended that the bath be taken at bedtime. For acute conditions, more than 1 course may be required.