Careers with Universal Companies
We realize that talented people have options, and those who choose Universal Companies mean a great deal to us. We want you to grow professionally, have a lot of fun, and be surrounded by the best. Our family of employees has a strong sense of community and a true passion for "all things spa."
A "One Source Spa Solution," Universal Companies is the leading supplier to the spa and wellness industry. We carry thousands of products and offer services and education to help day spas, resort spas, medical spas, salons, and independent practitioners manage and grow their businesses. Universal Companies is profitable, growing, and committed to building an outstanding team. Our company culture is built on energized people. We value our employees and strive to create an atmosphere where every person is enthusiastic about and dedicated to building the company together. The team is highly incentivized to do well, and we're invested in the future of each person.
We offer great benefits like:
- Company discretionary bonus plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Competitive benefits package (healthcare / dental / vision / LTD / life / supplemental)
- Personal, vacation, and sick time
- Professional development
- Discounted spa products
- Wellness programs
- Employee / family events
- Beautiful location*
There are many areas of opportunity for a career with Universal Companies, so please contact us at HR@universalcompanies.com to find out how you could grow with us.
*Universal Companies is at home in the historic small town of Abingdon, Virginia, which is nestled in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwest Virginia and was voted one of the top two "Best Southern Small Towns" by USA Today readers in 2015.
Sr. JD Edwards Analyst
Sr. JD Edwards Analyst – Finance and Distribution/Exempt Department: IT
Reports to: VP of Business Transformation
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sr. JD Edwards Analyst – Finance and Distribution primary role and responsibility is to advance the development and management of JD Edwards Enterprise One in order to provide the most efficient support for current finance and distribution needs. He/she will serve as the primary business analyst in both the financial and distribution modules. This role will design, drive, and deliver the definition, optimization, and improvement of new and existing functionality.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain overall design integrity of ERP processes and systems.
- Lead system configurations related to JDE Finance modules/processes as well as Sales Order, Purchasing, and Distribution.
- Evaluate and analyze business processes and formulate applicable improvements.
- Outline project specifications for application changes and develop timeline and roadmap for completion.
- Create mapping and technical documents of requested changes.
- Configure changes and work with developers where needed.
- Test and communicate changes to appropriate departments.
- Complete daily tasks as it relates to finance and distribution processes within JD Edwards while at the same time working to automate these tasks as well as troubleshoot/resolve root causes.
- Resolve and close production tickets at all levels for finance and distribution.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the business community and understand detailed system functionality.
- Manage relationship with external consultants and developers as needed.
- Design, manage and facilitate BI changes to documents such as pick tickets, packing slips, and invoices.
- Manage and facilitate integrations with systems within eco-system such as Shopify and Salesforce.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of systems analysis and design.
- Ability to solve problems in a logical manner.
- Ability to identify and monitor potential operational malfunctions.
- Ability to effectively interact with end users providing clear and useful instruction, training, or obtain necessary information to correct problems on a timely basis.
- Acute attention to detail required.
- Must possess excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment as required.
- Maintains confidentiality.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
5 years of experience with JD Edwards Enterprise One 9.1 or later required.
- Finance module required.
- Distribution module preferred.
- CNC a plus.
- EDI a plus.
- BSSV a plus.
- SQL a plus.
Experience in the following a big plus:
- Crystal Reports
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business systems, software development, or similar degree required.
- Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Incumbent will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.