Careers with Universal Companies
We realize that talented people have options, and those who choose Universal Companies mean a great deal to us. We want you to grow professionally, have a lot of fun, and be surrounded by the best. Our family of employees has a strong sense of community and a true passion for "all things spa."
A "One Source Spa Solution," Universal Companies is the leading supplier to the spa and wellness industry. We carry thousands of products and offer services and education to help day spas, resort spas, medical spas, salons, and independent practitioners manage and grow their businesses. Universal Companies is profitable, growing, and committed to building an outstanding team. Our company culture is built on energized people. We value our employees and strive to create an atmosphere where every person is enthusiastic about and dedicated to building the company together. The team is highly incentivized to do well, and we're invested in the future of each person.
We offer great benefits like:
- Company discretionary bonus plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Competitive benefits package (healthcare / dental / vision / LTD / life / supplemental)
- Personal, vacation, and sick time
- Professional development
- Discounted spa products
- Wellness programs
- Employee / family events
- Beautiful location*
There are many areas of opportunity for a career with Universal Companies, so please contact us at HR@universalcompanies.com to find out how you could grow with us.
*Universal Companies is at home in the historic small town of Abingdon, Virginia, which is nestled in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwest Virginia and was voted one of the top two "Best Southern Small Towns" by USA Today readers in 2015.
Sales and Service Center Manager/Exempt
Sales and Service Center Manager/Exempt Department: Sales
Reports to: Sales and Service Center Director
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the daily and overall management of the Sales and Service Center. Makes strong contributions to help manage and drive revenue. Coordinates in the delivery of superior customer service as dictated by Universal Companies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain a professional, positive leadership style and mentor staff, at all levels.
- Ensure all operational goals are met or exceeded.
- Regularly report to Director all statistical data, along with analysis and recommendations.
- Ensure escalated customer calls/inquires received timely follow through.
- Inform Director of all potential issues.
- Monitor phone calls and quality.
- Build solid relationships with all Universal Companies departments.
- Conduct regular meetings with management team and front line staff to perform monthly one on ones and to share ongoing operational and product updates.
- Create sales incentives that positively impact sales goals.
- Own policies and procedures, to include understanding and communication of them.
- Lead by example.
- Adhere to all corporate policies in relation to Universal Companies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Prior contact center experience, preferably in a multi-channel environment.
- Proven ability to develop and mentor staff.
- Proven ability to drive sales.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to deliver world class customer service standards
- Knowledge of workforce management strategies.
- Exceptional remote training capabilities and understanding of kinesthetic learning in a remote environment.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize activities, multi-task and follow tasks to completion.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Experience in the following preferred:
- • Prior Contact Center Experience preferably in a multi-channel environment.
Experience in the following a big plus:
Understanding of spa and or salon products
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Incumbent will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.