Peppermint Scalp Massage Service Enhancement
Clear your head and cool your mind! Enhance your massage or facial with a unique peppermint scalp massage. This stimulating service enhancement is perfect for those looking for a relaxing respite from a stressful day.
Cost Per Treatment: $0.15
Time: 15 minutes
What to Charge: $20
What You'll Need:
- Peppermint Essential Oil (10 ml) / C5017T
It's expected that the professional massage therapist is familiar with each muscle, the muscle groups, and how they are affected by specific movements.
Traditional Swedish massage is currently the most common approach used for conditioning programs. It's frequently supplemented by other massage therapy approaches, including deep tissue, trigger point work, and acupressure.
Make sure you provide time for a thorough consultation so that you can create a customized massage that will serve your client.
Sunburn, skin rashes or conditions, open sores, fractures, acute pain or injury, fever or infections, open wounds, muscle ruptures, tendon ruptures, muscle and tendon partial tears, contusions, burns, rheumatoid arthritis and gout, bursitis, infection of the skin and soft tissue, thrombosis, artificial blood vessels, bleeding disorders, tumors, swelling, high blood pressure, pregnancy, and cancer.
Note: Since each client has unique needs, this protocol doesn't include step-by-step instructions for the treatment plan and is expected to be incorporated into a customized massage composed of varying massage techniques.
- 1. Set the ambience of the treatment room with relaxing, meditative music.
2. Take a moment to use your preferred methods to ground yourself prior to the service.
- Place one hand over the crown of your head for a full minute while you deeply breathe in and deeply breathe out.
- Place all of your awareness on the bottom of your feet. Concentrate on all of the different sensations you feel through the arch, the heels, and all ten of your toes.
- Let go of your personal stresses and make sure you're prepared to be present in the moment with your client.
- 1. Greet clients with warmth and gratitude. Perform client consultation and ask the client if they have any questions.
- 2. Invite the client to disrobe to their lowest level of comfort and lay comfortably on the massage table in the supine or prone position under the sheets and blankets, depending on your preferred start.
- 3. Empower your client to provide feedback on their comfort during the massage in regards to temperature, pressure, music, body positioning, etc.
- 4. Ensure your client is comfortable and adjust sheets and blankets if necessary.
- 5. Depart from the room for client modesty and then politely knock and announce when you re-enter the room.
What to Do:
- 1. If you plan to incorporate a facial massage or stimulation in your massage, then the scalp massage should be performed after the facial massage. If you do not plan to incorporate a facial massage into the service, then plan to begin with the scalp massage.
- 2. Gently dispense 2 to 3 drops of the Peppermint Essential Oil into your hand.
- 3. With the client lying comfortably face up, ask them to close their eyes. Gently cup your hands about 4" from the clients face and ask them to slowing breathe in and out. Have them repeat the slow breathing until you feel their energy and body relax.
- 4. Stroke your hands gently down your client's head towards the nape 3 or 4 times to completely cover the head.
- 5. Place your hands on your client's head with your fingers out-stretched (one hand should be on each side of their head, above the ears).
- 6. Use the outside edge of the heels of your hands to make contact with the sides of the head.
- 7. Roll the pressure up the edges of your hands to the tips of your little fingers.
- 8. Maintaining a smooth rhythm, roll back from the little fingers, back down towards the heels of the hands. Move 2 finger widths up the head each time.
- 9. Following parallel lines, work this technique over the whole head.
- 10. Support the forehead with one hand. Rotate 2 fingers around from the other hand.
- 11. Work back from the front hairline in a parallel line down from the front hairline towards the nape.
- 12. Once at the nape area, hold both fingers pushing gently upwards and count to 3.
- 13. Return to the front hairline and once again work down towards the nape, 2 finger widths away from the first line.
- 14. Count to 3 once at the nape area and repeat this process until you have covered the whole of one side of the head.
- 15. Change sides and repeat the whole process on the opposite side of the head.
- 16. Starting with your hands on either side of the neck, slide your fingers up through your client's hair keeping them close to the scalp.
- 17. When you have gathered a handful of hair between the fingers, firmly pull away from your client's head and allow the hair to move through your fingers under tension.
- 18. Repeat this process all over the head, always pulling your client's hair at right angles away from the scalp.
- 19. Support your client's forehead with one hand and place the heel of your other hand on the nape of one side of your client's head.
- 20. Knead the heels in circular movements with strong pressure up from the neck over the head towards the crown.
- 21. Repeat this process from the crown to the front hairline on both sides of your client's head.
- 22. Finish by rubbing briskly over the head, then gently comb or stroke the hair.
- 23. Once completed, stroke or comb through the hair from the nape to the hairline.
- 24. Complete the massage by placing both your hands firmly on your client's shoulders. This provides a clear signal to your client that the massage is complete.
- 25. Begin moving into the remaining massage, body, or facial service.
Close of Service:
- 1. After service, thank the client and offer water or the spa's preferred beverage.
- 2. Depart from the treatment room to prepare the beverage and heat the TheraTools Hemp Filled Décolleté Heated Neck Wrap.
- 3. Politely knock and announce when you re-enter the room.
- 4. Apply the warm neck wrap comfortably to the client and provide them with their desired specified beverage.
- 5. Quietly escort your client to your relaxation area so that they can enjoy the benefits of their massage and their spa beverage.