Valeur Absolue Harmonie Massage Protocol
Harness complete and ultimate relaxation with this luxurious massage treatment, designed to carry the mind and body to a serene sense of bliss.
Cost Per Treatment: $13.34
Time: 60-90 minutes
What to Charge: $200
What You'll Need:
What You'll Want:
- VitaJuwel Gemwater Decanter Set (Wellness) / VJ047
- Microfiber Flat Sheet (White) / JL100
- Microfiber Fitted Sheet (White) / JL101
- Microfiber Quilted Blanket (White) / JL140
- Microfiber Face Rest Cover (White) / JL102
- Microfiber Bolster Cover (6" White) / JL251
- 2 Hand Towels (Natural) / JL453
- Terry Wrap (Regular) / C660N
- Massage Oil Holster / C8057T
- Double Bottle Warmer / C5665T
- Eco-fin™ Booties / C3599
- Eco-fin Liners (100 ct.) / C226T
- Pure-ssage™ Massage Creme (1 gal.) / C1351T*
*Optional: Can be used in conjunction with Harmonie Massage Oil to extend usage. Adds $0.66 to the cost per treatment.
Using the Valeur Absolue Experience Products
Valeur Absolue Harmonie Massage Oil is a unique blend of vegetable and essential oils. At each stage of the ritual, it’s recommended to slightly heat the Massage Oil in order to provide maximum levels of pleasure and relaxation to the client.
Preparing for Reception
- Set the atmosphere with the vibrating background music of your choice, with a frequency of at least 432hz.
- Prepare 3 Amethyst stones to keep a soft and constant heat throughout the entire treatment. Pro Tip: Wrap stones in a warm towel or keep them warm inside a dedicated device.
- Purify gemstones by submerging them in organic saltwater for 1-2 hours and cleanse. Or, wrap stones in a mixture of organic argil and water. Once dried, cleanse and rinse.
- Prepare Inhalation Bowl with a mixture of ¼ warm water, 3 drops of Harmonie Oil, and the amethyst crystals in a small bowl. Place in a hot towel cabi.
- You should meditate for a few moments before seeing the client. Free yourself of all invasive thoughts and place your mind in a welcoming state. Visualize yourself in a beautiful, large, bright bubble—your feet flat and anchored to the ground above all.
With a serene mindset, you can now welcome the client into a cheerful space where they will feel completely at ease.
The Welcome (5 min)
- 1. Invite the guest to lay on their back on a heated massage bed with a comfortably wrapped blanket, depending on the temperature or climate.
- 2. Undrape the guest’s feet and wrap each foot with a warm, damp towel that has been enhanced with 2 drops of Harmonie Oil. Perform compressions and then lightly cleanse with the towel as you remove it from each foot.
- 3. Dispense 2 drops of Harmonie Oil into electric bootie liners and apply the liners and booties onto the guest’s feet. Re-drape their feet with the sheet and blanket.
- 4. Apply 2 sprays of Harmonie fragrance to your hands, hold above guest’s nose (6" away) and encourage slow, deep, abdominal breathing.
- 5. Place the smallest amethyst stone to the guest’s 3rd eye chakra in small clockwise spirals, then leave in place.
- 6. Place your hands on their shoulders, inviting them to relax. Apply stretches to shoulders on exhalation—together, then alternating—working with the guest’s exhalation.
- 7. Gently sweep your hands above the length of the guest’s body, about 12-24 inches away, in order to take full consciousness of the person’s exterior and energy.
- 8. Gently place your hands on the face and smooth the skin slowly (per the therapist’s creative preference).
- 9. Take both larger stones and sweep them laterally across the entire body—along the sides of the body and up to the arch of the foot—in order for this energy to provide an overall effect on the body.
- 10. Remove 3rd eye stone in small spirals, counterclockwise to the client.
Dry Scalp Massage (To relax the mind, enabling the body to relax)
- 1. Fully support the guest’s head, with your little fingers touching the occipital ridge, and gently stretch the neck.
- 2. Turn head to the left, maintaining support with your left hand, and place your right hand on guest’s right shoulder. Stretch and hold for 5 seconds, then repeat to opposite side.
- 3. Bring head back to center, maintaining contact at occipital ridge.
- 4. Perform light kneading with fingertips from occipital to crown.
- 5. Gently activate pressure points from hairline to crown, working entire scalp.
- 6. Static rotaries to entire scalp and use fingertips to stroke from hairline to crown.
- 7. Clockwise static spirals with palms of hands flat against the crown for 5 seconds, then release.
The Shoulders & Arms (10 min)
- 1. On one side of guest’s body, hold the arm firmly and pull it gently towards you.
- 2. Apply Harmonie Oil to entire arm with effleurages, including shoulder and trapezius. Gently work between each inter-finger space of the hand and massage the space between the thumb and index finger. Repeat this massage on each finger.
- 3. Massage the wrist, continuously using circular thumb pressure, paying particular attention to the bone joints on the front and side.
- 4. Continue the movements along the forearm and gently massage the shoulder and the adjacent side of the décolleté.
- 5. Use stones to effleurage the entire arm, then using manual lymphatic drainage to forearm—flexor and extensors. Massage the palm in clockwise circles with the stones.
- 6. Lightly sweep the entire length of the arm with fingertips before moving to other side. Repeat the steps.
- 7. If performing the abdominal massage, leave stones in guest’s hands and cross arms comfortably over chest to prepare for proper draping.
The Stomach* (5 min)
- 1. Uncover abdominal area and gently apply Harmonie Massage Oil on the stomach and sides with clockwise circular motions.
- 2. Continue with these gentle clockwise movements in order to soften the viscera. Perform small spirals in the umbilicus area with the back of your middle finger, helping to remove excess energy. Work back towards the solar plexus and create back and forth movements using your fingertips.
- 3. Retrieve the stones from the client’s hands and perform clockwise alternating circles with the stone edges, being mindful of pressure. Continue with alternating waist pulls using stones. Hold stones on solar plexus and sacral chakras (on top of the diaphragm and 1" below belly button) with static clockwise circles. Finish with alternating effleurages and cover the abdomen.
The Feet & Legs (5 min on each side)
- 1. Undrape 1 leg and apply the oil to leg and foot with figure 8 movements along the entire leg. Repeat several times.
- 2. Carefully spread out the metatarsals and perform manual lymphatic drainage over the top of the foot. Effleurage around the ankle joint, taking as long as desired. Use sweeping effleurage movements over the meridians, from the foot toward the thigh.
- 3. Massage around the kneecap (if the client appreciates such) and massage the thigh.
- 4. Collect stones and effleurage the entire leg. Use the stones to massage the feet, using the edge to perform 5 clockwise circles on the arch of the feet. Use the stones to perform figure 8 movements along the entire leg.
- 5. Once both are complete, repeat the Ying & Yang sweep 3 times with the stones, simultaneously on both legs—from the top of the feet towards the thighs, working laterally back down towards the soles of the feet.
- 6. Have guest lay face down.
- 7. Take prepared inhalation bowl from hot cabi. Hold under guest’s nose and encourage deep breathing. With a hand between the shoulder blades, apply deep pressure with each exhalation. Do this for 4 breaths. Place the bowl on floor directly under the client’s face.
- 8. Repeat the same lateral body sweep from the welcome ritual with the 2 larger amethyst stones. Place and hold both stones on the soles of the feet, allowing the client to feel well-grounded. Hold for 2 breaths.
The Legs (5 min on each side)
- 1. Uncover the client’s right leg, ensuring modesty by firmly tucking the towel with your elbow.
- 2. Apply the massage oil by creating effleurage movements in the form of an "8" across the entire leg—starting from the ankle and going towards the top of the thigh.
- 3. Work backwards by continuously sweeping and firmly holding the leg, upper thigh, calf, and ankle, finishing the sweeping gesture on the extreme arch of the foot.
- 4. Make small heart-shaped movements on the small toe pads. Massage the Achilles heel and inner hollow of the knee gently.
- 5. Create a few effleurage movements at the level of the knee, moving upwards to the top of the thigh.
- 6. Begin working downwards while firmly holding the leg (from the thigh all the way to the toes)
- 7. With a stone in each hand, effleurage the leg from feet to thigh using stones drainages. Position stones up the center of calve. Continue to pressure points with stones up the center line of the calve. Begin upward alternative draining up to thigh (therapist should face the guest’s feet).
- 8. Use stones to drain outer IT band, followed by pressure points. Finish the leg massage with a light sweep of the amethyst energy along the entire leg—from the arch of the foot to the thigh with continuous "8" movements.
- 9. Stroke down the arch of the foot with the amethyst stone. To complete, place stones on the arch of each foot, with your palms closing in on the stone. Take a short moment to breathe and take a break before continuing.
The Back (15 min)
- 1. Apply massage oil by gently placing your palms on both shoulder blades, spreading the oil along the spine, and both sides of the back.
- 2. Push the shoulders and continue the massage towards the lower back, coming back up through the flanks, descending towards the forearms. Repeat several times.
- 3. Collect the stones, repeat the above movement, then leaving the stones in the client’s hands.
- 4. Massage the shoulder blades with pressure from the thumbs/heels of hands while pushing outwards in order to release the energy within the hollow of the shoulders.
- 5. Descend down the back to the lower back, then up towards the flanks. Slightly push the shoulders back once again. Apply firm kneading using your thumbs on the lower back.
- 6. Form 2 fists and massage the flanks, back, and between shoulder blades using circular movements.
- 7. Push the shoulders back firmly with your palms and slide towards the forearms.
- 8. Return to the nape of the neck, turn your hands palms facing up with the top of your hands on the neck.
- 9. With the back of your wrists, firmly push this area all the way down to the lower back. Palmer effleurage the lower back and the flanks. Repeat several times.
- 10. Release the energy in the upper back by massaging firmly with your thumbs/heels of hands, forearms, or knuckles.
- 11. Use small circular movements along the crest line, the neck, and the backbone. Return towards the flanks and push the shoulders back once again to complete. Repeat several times.
- 12. Collect stones from guest’s hands/side and massage entire back with stones standing. Use stones to perform figure 8’s effleurage to the lower back, followed by pressure points along sacral illiac crest. Use the edge of stones to work pressure points on the errector spinae, either side of the spine, up to the occipital bone, slowly following the guest’s breath.
- 13. In order to harmonize, finish with a complete sweep using the stones. Descend from the shoulders to the lower back, ascend through the flanks, and return to the arms to move towards the tips of the fingers. Laterally sweep the body, starting from the shoulders down to the soles of the feet.
The Heart (5 min)
- 1. Have guest lie face up. Re-center by applying 2 drops of oil to hands and holding them 6" above guest’s nose for 3 deep breaths. Place 1 amethyst stone on the heart chakra. Make a small shell shape with your hand and gently wrap the guest. This is the moment for a pause in which the entire massage is appreciated. Leave the stone on the heart chakra.
- 2. Next, place the small stone on their 3rd eye chakra with clockwise spirals.
- 3. Massage small effleurage movements on the thorax, using the tips of your fingers, from bottom to top and from left to right. Apply good pressure using the middle finger and repeat.
- 4. Place your hands in the shape of a shell on the heart and take a moment to pause before bringing this energy towards the face, the ears, and the top of the skull. Then, turn your hands over (palms up) and follow the curves of the face in order to restore the energy back to the heart.
- 5. Perform circular massage on the thorax, the top of the shoulders, and the neck. Continue using small rotations—relaxing the jaw, the jawbones, and the cheeks.
- 6. Remove stones from heart chakra and 3rd eye chakra with imaginary counterclockwise circles.
Optional if no makeup
- 7. Massage the upper jaw (the mandible) and move towards the center with your middle finger along the wings of the nose.
- 8. Apply a few small pressure points on the eyebrows in a clockwise direction.
- 9. Slide your fingers along the temples and massage them clockwise or create effleurage movements. Return towards the forehead with your middle finger and make a few, small pressure points to terminate this sequence.
- 10. Complete by gently sweeping the hair and cover the client.
- 11. Place both hands on the shoulders and apply a few small, downward pressures with exhalation
- 12. Take the 2 larger stones and create a lateral sweep of the entire body. In order to complete the treatment, apply pressure points on shoulders, forearms, arms, wrists, and fingers. Return to the chest, waist, hips, thighs, knees, calves, and the malleoli, finishing at the soles of the feet.
- 13. Finally, take a few moments to gain your breath and composure. Send a message to the client that everything is well for them and for you.
A Moment of Well-Being
Extend this moment of well-being with a short moment for relaxation and reflection on the massage experience. Offer the Harmonie Treatment Gift Pouch to the guest. This elegant gift pouch is meant to be given to the client after they've received the Valeur Absolue Experience Massage as a thank you for taking the Valeur Absolue journey. It's a wish for an all day, ultimate well-being experience.
Pro Tip: Provide the guest with a glass of water from the VitaJuwel Gemwater Decanter. This blend of rose quartz, amethyst, and clear quartz gemstones stimulates the mind and soothes emotions, while providing clarity, tranquility, and harmony.
During this instant of absolute relaxation, take the opportunity to invite the client to further experience Valeur Absolue. Present the client the full collection of Valeur Absolue fragrances and ask what kind of emotion(s) they would like to discover. Offer the corresponding fragrance sample(s) complementary in an amenity bag, along with the fragrance’s quote cards.