Massage Makes Me Happy (said anyone who’s had one)
Massage can indeed bring happiness. Studies show that it alleviates stress, helps manage pain, and reduces depression. In short, after a massage, you just feel better–emotionally and physically. We’re not telling this audience anything new, though. However, the multitude of benefits that massage offers is the chief reason we think celebrating Massage Makes Me Happy & Healthy Day on March 20 is important.
First, What Is Massage Makes Me Happy?
Part of the Global Wellness Institute Initiative, Massage Makes Me Happy is a global movement that aims to celebrate the healing powers of massage therapy and promote its benefits through research, education, advocacy, and awareness.
This initiative has four goals:
1. Create a global platform and rallying cry around “Massage Makes Me Happy.”
2. Consolidate existing clinical research and support new research for deeper integration of massage into healthcare and wellness practices.
3. Stimulate advocacy by encouraging storytelling of the benefits of massage through massage therapists, wellness and spa professionals, consumers, caregivers, educators, and more.
4. Promote and market massage therapy and massage therapy careers worldwide.
Why Celebrate Massage Makes Me Happy & Healthy Day on March 20?
While consumers are increasingly enhancing their personal well-being by choosing massage therapy, they may not know the breadth of its benefits. Massage Makes Me Happy educates consumers about the positive impact that massage and bodywork offer. Additionally, as its name implies, it promotes the message that massage creates happiness. For therapists, it boosts pride in this respected, deeply valued profession.
How to Celebrate Massage Makes Me Happy & Healthy Day
There are many ways to celebrate the profound impact that massage therapy offers. Here are a few of them:
- Schedule a massage for yourself!
- Create a brochure or post information in social media about how massage can make clients happy.
- Offer clients a Massage Makes Me Happy Discount or complimentary treatment enhancement on March 20
- Offer employees a complimentary massage
- Do something special for your massage therapists on staff
- If you’re a massage therapist, speak at a local massage school about the connection between massage and happiness
- Partner with Massage Makes Me Happy.
Want to Learn More or Get Communication Tools?
If you’d like more information about Massage Makes Me Happy, including becoming a partner, visit the official Massage Makes Me Happy website.
If you’d like to dig into the research, visit the Global Wellness Institute’s Wellness Evidence Databases.
Need ready-to-use communication tools? Download pre-made social media posts to start creating awareness. You’ll find them in our Free Seasonal Events Communication Toolkit!
Universal Companies is proud to have a team of experienced spa advisors on staff and welcomes you to consult with our professionals about spa products and supplies, including ingredients, equipment, and retail. Dedicated to the success of spa professionals everywhere, we're grateful to be recognized with the American Spa Magazine Professional's Choice Award, Favorite Distributor of the Year for many consecutive years. (Thank you!)