Position Title: Creative Director/Exempt
|Department: Creative Department
||Location: Abingdon, VA
|Reports to: CEO
Universal Companies is the leading single-source supplier to the spa and wellness industry, providing education and supplying thousands of products to help day spas, resort spas, medical spas, salons and independent practitioners manage and grow their businesses. We are profitable, growing and committed to building an outstanding team. Our company culture is built on passionate people - we value our team and strive to have every person thrilled to build this company together. The team is highly incentivized to do well, and we’re invested in the future of each person. We realize that talented people have options, and those who choose Universal Companies mean a great deal to us. We want you to grow professionally, have a lot of fun, and be surrounded by the best. Reflective of the area’s strong sense of community, the Universal family of employees has a true passion for all things spa.
We are seeking a Creative Director in our Abingdon, VA office. The ideal candidate would have proven leadership skills and a desire to move up in the company. If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Creative Director will guide all creative projects to support corporate and product marketing initiatives, working closely with the Product Development, Content, and Marketing teams. S/he is also responsible for the overall quality and quantity of the work produced by the creative team.
The candidate will have a strong understanding of creative industry trends and tools, plus experience managing a range of creative positions. Expert knowledge of the business side of design is a major plus. Stellar communication, presentation, problem-solving, and project-management skills are essential.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Mentor and direct design team to create and design a variety of projects
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies
- Manage the creative process from concept to completion: conceive and implement concepts, guidelines, and strategies in various creative projects and oversee them to completion
- Oversee all aspects of campaign conception and execution including print, video, and digital media assets
- Revise content and presentations, approve/reject ideas, provide feedback to the team
- Proofs and edits copy
- Execute project management and workflow for entire team
- Ensure company visual communication and brand standards are met
- Ensure product vendor brand standards are met
- Manage creative production budgeting and vendor negotiation for print, outsourced design, video, and photography
- Meet with cross-functional and leadership teams to explain campaign strategies and solutions
- Remain actively involved in hiring and training creative staff of art directors, copywriters, and graphic producers to help them use their talents effectively
- Lead brainstorming/creative sessions to generate ideas
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a business and marketing environment
- Proven experience as a creative director, assistant or associate director or in a similar creative role with hands-on experience in creative process, graphic design, and brand development
- Marketing/advertising agency experience preferred
- Background in multi-media design, typography, and design principles
- Experience with strategy development and execution
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly motivated and organized
- Excellent working knowledge of software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AE, Premiere, Sketch, etc.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Strong knowledge in Mac and Adobe software, maintaining and updating a plus
- Experience with email marketing automation is a plus
- Knowledge in technology, systems, gear, and equipment are a plus
- Degree in Fine Art, Design, or related field
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Incumbent will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
>>> Back to Job Openings